Thursday, August 23, 2007

Broken Pencil


I don't know about you guys, but when the weather is kind of dreary like this I just want to cuddle up and read all day. And now that I have a laptop, sometimes that can mean online reading in bed too, if I wasn't too lazy to actually lug the laptop home form work that is... but I digress.

If you're looking for some new reading I recommend you check out Broken Pencil, a Toronto based zine that covers zines, for lack of a better description. I just found out about this magazine from Serah-Marie (creator of Worn Fashion Journal) when she recommended me for the position of their indie artist in residence for their style issue (out now). So I've been plugging away creating style related blog postings for their site. If you're interested in checking out some of my posts here are the links:

Let Me Introduce Myself

Where the Hell Did You Get Those Weird Pants?

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Skin vs. Style

Switch Hitter

But I highly recommend picking up an issue of Broken Pencil, since it will lead you to other great zines to check out (each issue devotes a large section to reviews of various zines)

No comments: